Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Daily Sketch Day 1



Starting today, I am going to post a sketch a day for 21 days.

Many of my illustrator friends took this challenge last year. One of which was Gina who is challenging herself again this week with daily sketches. She inspired me to follow suit.

This challenge was given to NESCBWI 2008 conference goers by author and keynote speaker Laurie Halse Anderson. I wasn't blogging at that time last year, so now is a good time to begin.

The purpose, by the way, is to devote at least 15 minutes a day to your art so that it becomes a habit. Many believe that it takes at least 21 days to develop a habit. Of course, the longer you do it, the more ingrained the habit becomes.

So, here goes! Feel free to comment or to join the challenge!!

4 comments:

Gina Perry said...

Oh, I'm so glad you're doing this! I love your first sketch - I could look at your characters all day. Keep up the good work!!!

Michelle Henninger said...

You and Gina are my heros! Great sketch Ann Marie! I love the way you've depicted their voices ... ahhh, the international language!

jcdillustration said...

I'm in! Tried last year but failed... trying trying again! Thanks Ann Marie!

Art Fan Ako said...

Someone sent your blog about your challenge and I think I'm up to it. Nice illustration by the way. I better get busy drawing...