Friday, May 22, 2009

Daily Sketch - Day 4


Today's sketch is made up of separate images that I put together in Photoshop.

Each of these daily sketches has been spontaneous. I don't know what will happen until I start drawing. The idea unfolds as I draw. Characters, objects, etc. emerge. I am intrigued with the fact that we can draw without consciously thinking about it, for example while having a phone conversation. I am often surprised by what I draw while I am talking on the phone. An alternate awareness seems to take over. Also, it's a non-judgmental space. After all, you can't be critical of your work if you aren't thinking about it. Sometimes I try not to think!

By the way, here are some others who have joined the 21-Day challenge:
Becca, Gina, Jenn, and Michelle. Also Mark Frudd is doing weekly sketches at Diary Doodle Books.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I think this one is my favorite yet. It looks like a scene from the park by my sister's apartment in Boston's South End. Very cute!

jcdillustration said...

Ooh, those kids are up to something...!

Michelle Henninger said...

This is great, it reminds me of Charlie Brown's mother - "wahwah wah wah wah wah wah." :)