Friday, July 10, 2009

Painted Sketch - Day 21



So here is my final post for this challenge. It's been good to do this. I painted almost every day and that was the goal. Some I felt good about, some...eh. The important thing was that I experimented a bit, but I also stuck with gouache as medium of choice and it was a learning experience.

Many of them felt like unfinished paintings (like the one above). It was more satisfying when I approached my work with the idea of painted sketches.

Anyway, I am going to start a new challenge next week. I was going to post about it today, but I am very late with my post. So I will stop here and be back next week.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

jcdillustration said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge, Ann Marie! I love the sleeping monster - looks like he had a busy night!

Michelle Henninger said...

Hi Ann Marie! That creature is just awesome! I really like this one! It's fun!

And I'm so impressed with how dedicated you've been! 21 days of painting is not easy! Good for you! You deserve a big pat on the back!