Thursday, July 30, 2009

Creative Challenge Week 2: Ghoul Spa Sketches


More sketches here for my ghoul spa idea. Am trying to get the witch to look like the same witch in this earlier post and am trying to simplify the bed of nails. Sometimes I feel like I am spinning my wheels and I wonder if I should just go ahead and paint my first one and not fuss so much. Hope to have a fresh eye tomorrow.

I like this quote by one of my favorite illustrators, Maira Kalman:

I do everything I do because I love to do it, even when I worry or am confused or slightly in despair. Those feelings usually pass. And then the next day is there.

Always a good thing. The next day.


2 comments:

Carla said...

These are all nice yet I have to say that I like the one in the middle the most. It looks like she's in deep thought. I wonder what she's thinking.

Carla said...

I will certainly use your advice during my next painting session. Thanks.