Thursday, September 3, 2009

Birds Have all the Fun



September is here and though summer is not officially over, it feels like it is. I must say, though, that the weather has been great here in NH for the past several days.

I visited Toronto in August with my husband and some friends. We went to see the Red Sox play the Blue Jays. In 2007 we started visiting a city that the Sox play in each year. The other cities we've been to are Baltimore and Chicago.

We stayed at Niagara Falls for one night. The falls are, of course, breathtaking. And there is that palpable and pleasant energy moving water seems to emit. It made me want to jump right in. I took a picture of seagulls while we were on the Maid of the Mist and I envied them. We could get close, but it was like looking at and smelling chocolate cake, but not getting to taste it. Those birds got the whole experience. Lucky birds.

Seriously, though, I did have a lot of fun on my vacation. I loved Toronto and would go back in a heartbeat. I was going to write a longer post about it, but I don't want to bore you with my vacation details and I am anxious to get back to posting art. Thinking about the next challenge...

1 comment:

Carla said...

Hurray!...Mydog's gonna give us a new challenge!